Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post but I will include the shopping link for your convenience.
As you all know, by now in 2016 I became a huge product junkie, my shelf only featured the one single line I used for a few years an nothing much changed. Today I want to show love for my favorite online beauty supplier by doing my first product line review.
My weakness is online shopping in beauty suppliers, specially Naturalistic Producst from the UK. It is a relatively new store and what captivated me was their customer service when they were starting out and that has only continued to improve as their business grows.
Today I followed one of the advices on their blog: Use all the products from the same line, as they are formulated to work better together,a reason for this is the pH of the products, but that is a topic for another blog post.When starting in the natural hair journey and being part of the community one wants to try it all! and believe I did try a lot of things in 2016 but I forgot about that simple tip.
In a, not so quick, cabinet search I found that the only line I had complete was Curl Harmony one of the very 1st lines I tried and that I actually forgot about until now, except the curl reviver cream that I used as holy grail product, whenever curls misbehaved.
- Finger detangle easily just with water (my hair was saturated of leave in)
- Shampoo with curl harmony curl cleanser which cointains my favorite anionic surfactant: Sodium C14-16 Olein Sulfonate which cleanses deeply without overly drying the hair
- Intense Repair Deep Conditioner: I added a little bit of rosemary oil because I do not like flowery scents, I prefer earthy or neutral smells, but the product works. The first time I used this product I honestly did not give it a chance, since the flowery smell,the protein & shea butter content put me off a bit but this time, following my seasonal change Product Junkie beast control method, I tried them again in my 1st winter as a natural and things seemed different. My hair needed a little protein now and not back then. For high porosity, damaged and transitioning hair seems like a perfect choice ingredient wise. It contains Behentrimonium methosulfate one of my favorite conditioning agents because it is very, wheat protein, shea butter & coconut & jojoba oil. For low porosity hair it should used sparsely, only when hair damage is present or not at all, so I will save it for times when I need a little extra TLC. My hair was soft, easily detangled and to be honest it smelled of rosemary oil which I love.
- Curl Reviver: It is a cream that feels like a leave in conditioner my absolute holy grail for curl definition ever since I first got the tiny samples, I had no idea this line existed. Hurray for free samples. The slip, smell and overall performance of this product is amazing. It contains Behentrimonium Methosulfate which basically tells you it is a very hydratying product so I skipped the Leave-in. Later I got a full size as a thank you from Naturalistic Products, since sadly this line went out of production this year and it is not available any more.
- I used a little curling jelly on the fringe but asides from that it was all curl harmony. It was nice to get to know this line of products. Definitively a good reminder to go back to the basic, simple rules. Out of this line the cream and shampoo work great for me, the Deep Conditioner only when I need extra nutrition.
- A transitioning tip: Go for one line of products from Shampoo to finishing product, try to consider your hair type, porosity and specific hair needs at the time of purchase; then once you have mastered your wash day & become more confident experiment more and try mix and match, if the mix and match does not work you can always go back to using the full line of the same products. I have already selected a few brands I will be completing, which is step one in completing one of my 2017 hair goals (restore order, in my curly chaos product junkie cabinet).
Reasons why I buy in Naturalistic Products
I already mentioned excellent customer service: The way we met was on IG they had a sale and I missed it by a day, so I commented what a shame it was that I missed it and I got my own personal code in my inbox. I asked for product recommendations based on my hair and they gave my absolute holy grail, which I will blog about sometime, hopefully, soon. How cool is that? I once even went as far as to inquire about a specific ingredient and they help me with that too.
Samples: They offer free samples per purchase and so far I have not been dissapointed.
Rewards program: The point system is great and I have been able to catch a few discounts thanks to their loyalty program.
Shipping: The cost varies but for us curlies living in countries where options to try international products are limited, it really makes a difference to have access to an efficient mailing service. It takes about a week, but they are always on top of every order.
Family Owned European Business: This one is special for because I am also part of a family owned business, so let’s say I know the struggle and I can tell they have the best interest of their customers in mind.
These are just my personal opinions and I have not interviewed the shop for creating this post, I just noticed that in a lot of forums people do not know where to buy good products outside of the US, so I figured I might help with my testimonial.
Cheers! Have a Curly Hair day