The Hair Lab
Have you tried a Hair Diffuser to dry your hair?
If the answer is no you must! Yesterday I finally tried one and OMG! I loved it.
How to use
- Style hair as usual
- Dry with a microfiber towel or air dry until hair is not dripping wet
- Flip your head upside down and gently place curls on the diffuser attachment
- Always use low/medium heat or cool air to diffuse (Do not use high heat it will cause frizz and Damage the Diffuser)
- Dry the roots fully to minimize frizz
- Pick the roots and shake for more volume.
I absolutely love drying my hair using the diffuser attachment, it controls frizz, increases curl definition to another level, makes the wash and go last longer and if you have low porosity hair like me and workout a lot and need to wash your hair at night for some reason this is definitively a must have in your curly hair care cabinet!
Here a video on how to use a diffuser Curlyhair Routine
How long is your wash day?
Sometimes for the fun of it I follow all the steps I can find for my wash day and I have found that for me simple and “short” (if you can call short any curly girl full wash lol) is better.
My 45 minute wash day is a little like this:
- Coconut oil pre poo night before
- Shampoo (in 4 or less sections)
- Deep condition (10 mins with hot towel)
- DETANGLE (once with tangle teezer, wide tooth comb and finger detangle)
- rinse out conditioner.
My 90 min wash day
- Overnight pre poo night
- Conditioner DETANGLE-1 (finger detangling + wide tooth comb)
- Shampoo (in 4-6 sections)
- Deep condition (30 mins with hair cap and blow dryer)
- DETANGLE-2 (with tangle teezer, wide tooth comb and finger detangle)
- rinse out conditioner.
My 2 hr plus wash day
Hot oil treatment for 30 mins leave in it on for up to 2 hours with no heat and then add the 90 min wash day or deep condition for 2 hrs.
The crucial and most time consuming step is detangling and it should be present in all curly hair wash routine at least once. It is really not necessary to detangle more than once as long as it is super well done or the hair is not too tangled, if you wash your hair twice a week and refresh with a cowash chances are your hair will get less tangled and the need to detangle will be less. So its a matter of either doing shorter wash days more often, as long as you deep condition your hair (up to 2 times a week is is perfectly fine), this is not a problem and is actually great for refreshing from the summer time heat and activities.